Piano Lessons with Luda
About Lioudmila Astakhova
My History, Training, Experience
I spent my early childhood and early adolescent years in Rostov on the Don, a city rich in history in the South of Russia, where I received my primary schooling and discovered a love of Russian art and music. Coming from a long tradition of music lovers, I was greatly influenced by my grandmother, for whom I was named, and who also was a renowned and much sought-after music teacher in the city.
In 1992 I moved to NY where I continued to study Piano with a wonderful teacher Dalia Sakas in her Manhattan studio. At the same time, I was experimenting in a different field of music. As a result, I came to realize that I like teaching the most. It’s given me such joy to see my students take the first steps on piano, and then grow to be wonderful musicians.
Through my teaching experience — and it’s been over 20 years — I learned that patience, positive thinking, and encouragement works so well in learning. My personal approach to each student helps them to learn and make progress in their technical abilities and musicianship.
A Brief Resume of My Work Experiences
Over 20 years of teaching private piano lessons New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, and the surrounding area.
Additional positions held within the same time period:
- “Half Day for Half Pints” preschool program Music Instructor in Rye Art Center, Rye, NY
- “Piano Club” instructor at the French American School of NY, Larchmont, NY
- Pianist for the performances of Missoula Children’s Theatre in Emelin Theatre, Mamaroneck, NY
- Assistant to the Curator at the New York Philharmonic Archives, N.Y.
- Music teacher at the Westchester Conservatory of Music, N.Y.
- Music Teacher at the St. Pious X School, Scarsdale, N.Y.
Memberships in Professional Organizations
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- Westchester Music Teachers’ Association
- Associated Music Teachers’ League
Note: Being a member of such organizations allows me to have my students display their newly acquired musical skills in public performances and competitions. They also provide access to workshops and educational programs for teachers.
Get in Touch
Have you always wanted to play the piano? Do you think your child might enjoy learning how to play the piano?
Music is an adventure for people of all ages. It’s a universal language that brings joy to people all over the world.
Discounts available for children from the same family.
In one month you or your child can learn the piano keyboard, be able to play a simple song, and get an introduction to rhythm and music notation.